The Governor’s Institute of Vermont
GIV Summer Instiutes are residential, affordable programs for any Vermont 9th – 11th grader with a passion for or particular interest in the the following:
- Environmental Science & Technology
- Mathematical Sciences
- Current Issues & Youth Activism
- Information Technology & Digital Media
- Asian Cultures
- Young Writers
Students who enjoy GIV tend to have a strong intellectual or artistic curiosity, possess academic skills equal to or above their grade level, and function well in a highly independent learning environment. Most Institutes accepts students based on their application answers and adult referrals, not their grades. Ability to pay is never a factor.
All students who are interested in applying to the GIV should see the school counselor for further information on the application process. Please visit www.giv.org as well.
MedQuest Health is a 6-day, 5-night residential health careers exploration program for 10th graders. Students stay at Johnson State College and job shadow at four differcent medical centers. The program goals are to:
- Explore the variety of careers and opportunities in health care.
- Gain exposure to profession work environments.
- Build skills and resources for health career pathways.
- Experience residential life on a college campus.
Students in Caledonia, Orleans, Essex, Orange, Lamoille, and Washington Counties.